Hola, Amigas!

 

HAHA! This picture is really old. it was take in 1992 in banning, California. Life was so different for me back then, I was almost 16 and on the tail end of my sophomore year of high school. The air was warm and fresh that, and I remember how I felt. Despite the sour look on my face, I was feeling good and was full of life. That say I was volunteering at our local hostels Health Expo, hence the super cool oversized t-shirt. Back then, and even now volunteering has been a very big part in my life. The reality is, volunteering and being of service has gotten me where I am today.

As I get further on in this blog, you'll get to to know more about how that is.

Let us get through some of the basics though right now. As I type this I am sitting on my ex-husbands couch in Eugene, Oregon with two of my kids. He has graciously let me do summers and winters here and he will go on some sort of vacation or staycation part of the time. When he returns I end up in Washington state with friends and some of that time is with my older children. I split my time between the PNW and Michigan. In total I have six children, half of which are adults.

In the morning my youngest and I will venture back to Michigan. We are hoping we can catch and Iowa Cubs game on the way, if we don't then we will plan better next summer. The drive home gives me some anxiety as I am not a fan of a certain stretch of Wyoming....

Come September I will be back on campus at the art and design school I was accepted to a couple years ago. This is my second go at it. I had some medial issues my first year and I ended up with a really low GPA. So I am going on academic probation this semester with both the school and the VA. That kind of scares me, but I am fully on board with being accountable and understanding that what had happened to me medically and psychologically was beyond my control. But, Jefitas don't quit....we try again.

Comments

Popular Posts